Join us May 17 at 1:00 PM EDT!
Studies show that refugee entrepreneurs, with community support and backing, contribute greatly to our local and national economies. In this webinar, Welcoming Refugees and Higher, an ORR technical assistance provider for refugee workforce development, will show you how to effectively communicate these contributions, support refugee entrepreneurs as part of your current work, and build greater community awareness and support.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Communicate three ways that refugee entrepreneurs economically contribute to your community
- Identify two ways that employment programs can support refugee entrepreneurs as part of your work
- Articulate two concrete suggestions for ways that your organization can increase community awareness and support for refugee entrepreneurs
- Hannah Carswell, Program Manager, Welcoming America
- Nicole Redford, Program Manager, Higher
- Diego Abente, VP and Director of Economic Development Services, International Institute of St. Louis