LIRS has produced in partnership with the Tent Foundation, the U.S. Employers’ Guide to Hiring Refugees, a manual to assist U.S. businesses that are interested in hiring refugees and have questions about the logistics and practicalities of doing so. The Guide contains essential information on a variety of topics related to refugee recruitment and employment, including:
- An explanation of who refugees are and how they arrive in the United States
- The benefits of hiring refugees
- The logistics of finding and hiring refugees
- Common barriers – and solutions – to refugees entering and maintaining employment
- Highlight the organizations that businesses can contact if interested in bringing refugees into the workforce
Leading businesses throughout the United States have already experienced the many benefits of hiring refugees, who are authorized to work immediately upon arrival in the United States – including lower workplace attrition, increased diversity, and a strengthened brand and reputation.
In the coming weeks, the guide will continue to be updated to provide an accurate list of refugee resettlement offices that businesses can contact to connect with refugees interested in immediate employment.
We hope that our national resettlement partners will find the contents of this Guide useful for the employers in their communities who have yet to hire refugees. Sharing this guide with employers in your community could be extremely beneficial to building bridges between local agency offices and surrounding businesses.
What strategies or materials do you use when seeking new employers? Share your plan with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!