Dallas Refugee Employment Staff on What Keeps Them Going
Happy Monday! At a recent Higher workshop in Dallas, TX (which we highlighted in last Monday’s post) we asked the participants to share one reason why they love working in refugee employment services.
Here are a few of our favorite answers:
- Every day we make a difference in our client’s lives
- Waking up every day and working with people from all over the world
- Working with coworkers who are like family and are passionate about the work that we do
- Getting to watch the process of refugees going from knowing nothing [about life in the US], to getting jobs, paying taxes, starting businesses, and becoming citizens
- As a former refugee, I do this work to give back
- Seeing clients come back after a couple years and seeing how they are succeeding
- Making great connections between clients and employers
- Through empowering our clients it empowers me
- Everything I do for my clients contributes to this great nation
We hope these reflections from your colleagues in Dallas will be a positive way to start your week!
What inspires you to do work with refugees? Let us know in the comments section!