Our partner on the ground in Seattle was World Relief’s Seattle office. We thank them for contributing their energy, contacts and expertise to make the event happen on a very grassroots budget.
Look for a series of posts over the next couple of weeks sharing highlights and key takeaways.
Here’s a summary of the key topics we covered at the workshop.
Refugee employment involves a lot of different skills and working with two very different audiences: Clients and Employers. With Higher’s new eLearning modules as the foundation, the workshop focused on both of those directions with the following session highlights:
Working with Clients
- Employability Assessments
- Identifying and Handling Resistance
- Managing Client Expectations
- Working with Congolese
Working with Employers
- Communicating with Employers: Initial Contact
- Deepening Employer Communication
- Social Enterprise Success Stories
- Employer-led Councils and Interagency Collaboration