Three articles from Forbes and the Department of Labor blog highlight good jobs that don’t require a degree or the fastest growing jobs in the U.S. right now.
Here’s a synthesis of the 5 types of jobs most relevant for refugee job seekers.
1. Foreign language interpreter made two of the lists with a 29% growth rate.
2. Health care-related jobs were the majority of all three lists. Jobs ranged from Home Health Aid to Registered Nurse.
Jobs you might not have thought of: Audiologist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant and Hearing Aide Specialist.
3. Ambulance driver (30% growth rate) requires a CDL with a passenger waiver and sometimes CPR certification.
4. Many of the non-degree jobs relate to the housing industry. All kinds of construction skilled labor were included.
Jobs you might not have thought of: Building Inspector, Insurance Sales, Property Management and Real Estate Agent.
5. Just for fun, three unusual jobs made the lists: Photogrammatist/Cartographer, Genetics Counselor and Wind Turbine Service Technician.